Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Cock on the Block


Irish Spring can't hold a candle to Red Rooster. If there's one retail shop I can get excited about, it's LUSH. The British-born soap and cosmetics company is coming to Polo Park. That will make my trips to Toronto and Vancouver much less expensive. You see, each time I visited one of those cities, I would load up on Red Rooster (my favourite soap) and a few other LUSH goodies. Buying a year's worth of soap can get pricey.

Erika in LUSH's marketing department says they are hoping for a Dec. 23 opening of the Winnipeg store. If you've never been to a LUSH store, get ready for a real marketing twist. Handmade products are displayed on butchers' blocks, priced by weight, wrapped in grease-proof paper and stamped with a best-before date. Yummy.